Pages

Thursday 18 October 2012

Oxjam Cambridge

I have been living in the UK for a week now. And tomorrow I finish my first week at work as well.  Gosh! They usually have pub night at my job on Fridays but I don't know if there is gonna be one tomorrow. Either way, Friday is a good thing! I am planning to go to the Oxjam festival on Saturday. Info from the homepage: "Oxjam is Oxfam's month-long music festival. It runs all through October with hundreds of events around the UK, all organised by volunteers who know and love their local music scene, all raising money to save lives around the world." I mean, who doesn't want to save lives? I do. I haven't really been out partying in Cambridge yet but maybe this will be a good start. There is a list of band names on the site and I don't know any of them but I am sure some of them are good. Hopefully. There will be all kinds of music it seems – rock, acoustic, salsa, 80s, funk, house, electro, samba... Apparently Cambridge has a lot of things going on. And I am here, just enjoying the show.

No comments: