Pages

Saturday 30 March 2013

Trying to get back to myself


It's been almost two months since I wrote something here. Things have happened in my life and I guess I have tried to just find my place again. All the things I used to do have been slightly forgotten. I almost never read, never blog, I forget to keep in touch with people, I don't spend as much time alone with myself. Now, for Easter, a lot of people have left Cambridge and I decided to do what I sometimes did before. Namely, go to a coffee shop/pub with computer and a book and just relax and watch people. I am in one of my favourite places, the Cambridge Brew House, again. Unfortunately there was a dog in here when I arrived and I didn't notice it until I sat down and ordered my coffee. I am very allergic to some dogs and this was apparently one of those. I was sneezing and had difficulties breathing after about 10 minutes of arriving. The dog has left now though and it is getting better. I've seen dogs in some pubs here and bringing dogs to pubs or bars is something that people just don't do in Stockholm. At least not that I have seen. I get that people want to bring their dogs to places but for very selfish reasons I wish they didn't.

Anyway. I'm rambling. What is it that I want to achieve with this blog? I want to tell you about my life here. And I will get back to that. My life here is good. I've made quite a few friends and I am always looking for more. I enjoy my job. My home is wonderful. I feel like I really live here now. When I moved to Cambridge my intention was to stay here for about a year but I have thought about it and now there is no time limit anymore. I will stay here until I feel like I want to move on. Who knows when that will be. 

Now if you'll excuse me I am going to return to my coffee.

No comments: